The TOP221PN is a 9W second generation 3-terminal Off-Line PWM Switch provides several enhancements over the first generation TOPSwitch family. Many significant circuit enhancements that reduce the sensitivity to board layout and line transients now make the design even easier. TOPSwitch incorporates all functions necessary for a switched mode control system into a three terminal monolithic IC are power MOSFET, PWM controller, high voltage start up circuit, loop compensation and fault protection circuitry.
• Very low AC/DC losses up to 90% efficiency
• Built-in auto-restart and current limiting
• Latching thermal shutdown for system level protection
• Works with primary or opto feedback
• Stable in discontinuous or continuous conduction mode
• Source connected tab for low EMI
• Circuit simplicity and design tools reduce time to market